NBA is around, and just like NFL, it is one of the most loved sports in the USA. If you have newly bought Apple TV, you may be in trouble while synchronizing the NBA matches on your device. Many online streaming services in the USA carry the official broadcasting channels in USA. For example, ESPN and ABC carry most of the NBA games, and SlingTV, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, DirecTV Stream, and YoutubeTV have these channels to cater to your NBA needs.
In this guide, I am going to give you a step-by-step guide on how you can watch the NBA on your Apple TV no matter what streaming services you have:
- Subscribe to any of the streaming services that carry NBA Games and are compatible with AppleTV. Besides NBA League Pass, you can go for ESPN+, SlingTV, YoutubeTV, Hulu+Live TV and DirecTV Stream.
- After signing up, go to the home screen of your Apple TV.
- There, you can find the app store. Launch it and search for the app you want to live stream the game. You can download NBA League Pass, SlingTV, fuboTV, hulu+TV, DirecTV Stream or YoutubeTV app right on the go.
- After downloading, you can download the app.
- Launch the app and insert your credentials.
- You can stream NBA on your Apple TV with any of the above streaming apps.
How to Get Over NBA Blackouts on Apple TV
Depending on your location, you won’t be able to catch the local NBA games due to the regional blackout policy. So to watch out-of-market games, you must have a VPN. A VPN lets you virtually switch your current location to where the games are available. Unfortunately, you can’t install a VPN directly on your Apple TV. However, there is a way out that you can follow to unblock NBA games.
Here is how you can do it step by step:
- Use AirPlay and mirroring to stream from your mobile device.
- Install ExpressVPN on your router.
- Use MediaStreamer, ExpressVPN’s Smart DNS feature.
- Connect Apple TV to the internet through your computer.
Note: Setting up ExpressVPN in your Apply TV is a tricky task. So if you are having any hurdles while doing so you can contact ExpressVPN Support.
How to Watch NBA Playoffs and Finals on Apple TV
You must follow the steps mentioned under the first heading to watch the NBA Playoffs and Finals on Apple TV. NBA League Pass is one of the best options to go for. Alternatively, you can download the apps of SlingTV, fuboTV, Hulu+Live TV, DirecTV Stream, and YoutubeTV.
What is the Most Economical way to watch NBA Games on Apple TV
NBA League pass is the best way that weighs light in your pocket. It is a dedicated app for NBA. Other streaming services are a bit costlier as they also have a lot of other content for you. If you are looking for value streaming options, SlingTV, fuboTV, Hulu+LiveTV, DirecTV Stream, and YoutubeTV are the best options.